If you are looking for the best sunscreens, I assume you already know about the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays and the great advantages of sunscreen.
Wearing sunscreen is perhaps the best skincare product for you to use. Simply because UV rays and blue light (the light emitted by your devices) are often the main cause of most skin issues and number one reason of premature skin aging.
You need to wear sunscreen everyday, not just when you go swimming or in summer. Wearing sunscreen must become part of your skincare habits, actually, it must become your most important skincare habit.
The things I considered to choose them the best were:
- Hight SPF: The higher it is, the more protection from UV rays and blue light that you get. All the sunscreens in this article are higher than SPF 30.
- No white cast: Many sunscreens leave a very visible white cast that looks unflatteting. I don’t want you to have it.
- Aesthetic: A sunscreen that offers a lot of sun-protection but that looks horrible on your face isn’t a good sunscreen for me. A sunscreen that offers great protection AND helps to improve your appearance at the same time is what I consider a good sunscreen.
- Physical vs Chemical dilemma: Physical sunscreens, those made with minerals such as Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, are generally considered safer than chemical ones. But most physical ones leave a white cast, while chemical ones don’t. To solve this dilemma, I chose the physical ones that leave the least amount of visible white residue on one hand, and on on the other hand, the chemical ones that are the safest. Better yet, a combination of both (the safest and the invisible ones) and even one that is 100% physical and also 100% invisible (the first one in the list).
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants synergistically work with sunscreen to protect your skin cells from UV damage.
- Cruelty free: No animal is hurt to create these products.
- Free of harmful chemicals: Your health and safety is of the utmost importance. Health is beauty.
- Additional benefits: It could be coverage, brightening properties, smoothing ingredients, hydration, etc.
Ok, now, I’ll go directly into sharing with you the sunscreens that in my opinion are the best in 2019 and why.
I hope that you love them!
SUPERGOOP! 100% Mineral Smooth & Poreless Matte Screen SPF 40
Physical/Chemical dilemma – Solved
This is a very special sunscreen, because it is MINERAL/PHYSICAL and INVISIBLE. NO WHITE CAST.
As I mentioned earlier, mineral/physical sunscreens are safer than chemical ones, but leave a white cast that isn’t very flattering.
A little white cast will almost always be visible when it comes to physical/mineral sunscreens, but not with this one.
That’s why this one is really special in that sense.
Blurs – Mattifies
When you make of the use of sunscreen a skincare habit, you soon realize that the typical sunscreen lotion isn’t very useful for aesthetic purposes. Actually, the typical sunscreen can “mess” your foundation finish and/or can make your skin oily and/or shiny.
Contrary to most sunscreens, this sunscreen “helps” your foundation, priming it, making it last longer, more mattified and with a soft-focus finish.
It also minimizes the appearance of pores and controls oil.
You can wear this without foundation and you will get a very natural look.
It really depends on what you like, if you like completely flawless skin or not. If you are the all-natural type of girl, this one may be perfect for you. If you want medium or full coverage, you can apply your makeup over it and it will look fantastic as well.
Protects from sun’s UV rays and from blue light emitted by devices
As I mentioned earlier, sun’s UV rays aren’t the only stressors for your skin. Blue light is as just harmful. Butterfly bush extract contained in this product helps to protect your skin.
What I really love about this brand is that it is very aware that applying sunscreen is the most important thing you can do for your skin.
This brand really wants to re-create the concept of sunscreen to make it fantastic.
Other sunscreens are often tacky, sticky and smell wierd. It shouldn’t be like this, the most important step in your skincare routine should be an excellent product. This brand really made an efford to create the best of the best when it comes to sunscreens.
Free of cruelty and toxic chemicals
It doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients, it’s super clean and cruelty-free.
No parabens, no synthetic fragrances, no oxybenzone, no harmful chemicals. It follows the FDA protocols.
No one will hurt an animal to test this product. 100% cruelty free.
As the name indicates, this sunscreen is 100% Mineral, containing Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, which are safe ingredients and work well on sensitive skins and can even help to heal chapped skin and have some antiseptic properties as mentioned before.
Contains powerful antioxidants, such as the phenol Resveratrol, found in grapes and berries. it helps to prevent the cell damage of your skin, working synergistically with the other ingredients.
- Evens out skin tone
- Sooths skin
- Ultra light
IT COSMETICS CC+ Cream with SPF 50+
This product is among the best in other categories!
It also ranks in the list of:
- Best CC Creams 2019
- Best Foundations 2019
- And now, in Best Sunscreens 2019
This isn’t just sunscreen, it also corrects uneven skin, brightens, hydrates. It works as a skin brightener, moisturizer, primer, serum, foundation.
Super high SPF (50+)
The SPF broad-spectrum sun protection in this product is a SPF 50+. That’s a lot, if you ask me.
Actually, an SPF 30+ is more than enough. In this case, you get 20 SPF extra.
With this potency, you can be sure to get the necessary protection from UV rays and from blue light.
Contains the only two ingredients deemed as safe by the FDA
This sunscreen is physical, which means that is uses minerals (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide) intead of toxic chemicals.
These two minerals are the only two deemed as safe by the FDA. Click here if you wish to know more about this.
Moreover, Titanuim dioxide works very well for sensitive or redness-prone skin and Zinc Oxide can help to heal chapped and rash skin and also has some antiseptic properties.
The only downside of “all-mineral” sunscreens is that they can leave a little white cast on your skin, especially when they have such a high SPF.
I must warn you that although this sunscreen doesn’t leave a white cast in normal circumstances, a little can be noticed in pictures if taken with flash.
With digital cameras it is difficult that this happens, but a little white cast can be seen (in pictures).
Don’t wear it for nights out or for celebrations. For these, choose a foundation without SPF; here you can check some good options: Best foundations 2019.
you can use invisible weightless sunscreen, like the next one I’ll share with you.
This product is 100% cruelty free.
Free of parabens and phthalates
The antioxidants this product contains:
- Vitamin C: Brightens skin and fights wrinkles and fine lines. It’s one of the favorites in skincare because it adds so much glow to your skin, making it look more youthful and radiant. As any antioxidant, protects skin from cell damage.
- Camelia Sinensis extract: Are you familiar with green tea, white tea, red tea and black tea? Well, these are popular for containing antiaging properties due to the antioxidants they have. All these teas come from the same plant: Camelia sinensis, but they get a different preparation to become green, white, black or red tea.
- Works as a good moisturizer, serum, primer and foundation with great coverage and a natural radiant finish.
- Your skin will look smoother, softer and super hydrated.
SUPERGOOP! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40
We all know how annoying it is when you take a picture and it looks like you have a white mask on your skin. It makes you look like you chose the wrong tone or undertone for your foundation when in reality it is a bad sunscreen creating a white cast and flashback.
This product is completely invisible. No white cast. No residues. No flashbacks.
This sunscreen is so light, so you won’t feel as if you had a “layer” of something on your face. It is so light. And it prepares your face for foundation, just like a primer.